Tag Archives: attachment
Jennifer’s Take: As a mother of a one-year-old I can emotionally relate to everything in this study! Unless you are a new parent, it can be difficult to understand the chronic stress that occurs with not only adjusting to a … Continue reading →
An Affair of the Heart Sexuality infidelity is pretty cut and dry; one partner steps outside the bounds of the relationship and engages in sexual activity with someone other than their spouse. Emotional infidelity can be defined as having emotional … Continue reading →
How the “Attachment Bond” Influences Our Adult Relationships Have you ever felt strongly, deeply connected to someone for whom you would do anything? It is called being “In Love,” and ideally we have all experienced it. You probably tend to … Continue reading →
A certain amount of self-regard is healthy. Clearly low self-worth causes psychological pain and suffering, but when does high self-regard turn into Narcissism? Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPR) is a form of pathological narcissism recognized by the DSM-V and first recognized by … Continue reading →
- Dopamine and serotonin: Brain chemicals explained August 19, 2019Dopamine and serotonin, or the 'happy hormones,' play key roles in mood, depression, and appetite, among other things. Learn about similarities, differences, and what happens when they are out of balance here.
- Alzheimer's in women: Could midlife stress play a role? August 19, 2019New research suggests that experiencing a stressful life event may detrimentally impact older women’s memories and put them at risk of Alzheimer's disease.
- New insights into how exercise can lift mood in depression August 16, 2019A new study of people with major depressive disorder suggests that the body's endocannabinoid system plays a role in the mood-lifting effects of exercise.
- Social activity in your 60s may lower dementia risk by 12% August 15, 2019One of the most reliable studies of its kind has tracked participants over a 28-year period and found that greater social activity can lower dementia risk.
- Zulresso (brexanolone) August 15, 2019Zulresso is a brand-name prescription drug that’s used to treat postpartum depression (PPD) in women. Zulresso comes as a solution that’s given as an intravenous (IV) infusion. You’ll receive Zulresso over a period of 60 hours in a certified healthcare facility. Learn about side effects, warnings, dosage, and more.
- Dopamine and serotonin: Brain chemicals explained August 19, 2019