Tag Archives: attachment
Jennifer’s Take: As a mother of a one-year-old I can emotionally relate to everything in this study! Unless you are a new parent, it can be difficult to understand the chronic stress that occurs with not only adjusting to a … Continue reading →
An Affair of the Heart Sexuality infidelity is pretty cut and dry; one partner steps outside the bounds of the relationship and engages in sexual activity with someone other than their spouse. Emotional infidelity can be defined as having emotional … Continue reading →
How the “Attachment Bond” Influences Our Adult Relationships Have you ever felt strongly, deeply connected to someone for whom you would do anything? It is called being “In Love,” and ideally we have all experienced it. You probably tend to … Continue reading →
A certain amount of self-regard is healthy. Clearly low self-worth causes psychological pain and suffering, but when does high self-regard turn into Narcissism? Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPR) is a form of pathological narcissism recognized by the DSM-V and first recognized by … Continue reading →
- What to know about mood stabilizers May 20, 2019Mood stabilizers, such as lithium, can help treat a range of conditions, including bipolar disorder. These drugs are often effective, but there are also some risks. Learn more here.
- Dementia: New WHO prevention guidelines evaluate 12 risk factors May 18, 2019The WHO have recently released a new set of guidelines around strategies for dementia prevention, in which they evaluate potential interventions.
- How sleep and mood impact working memory May 14, 2019Researchers assess which aspects of working memory are affected by age, sleep quality, and mood and whether these factors work in unison or independently.
- What to know about cluster A personality disorders May 14, 2019The Cluster A personality disorders are paranoid personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder, and schizotypal disorder. The symptoms can vary depending on the specific disorder. Learn more here.
- Too much dietary fat in the brain may impact mental health May 13, 2019A new study in mouse models shows that a high-fat diet can alter signaling mechanisms in the brain, leading to depression-like behaviors.
- What to know about mood stabilizers May 20, 2019