Tag Archives: attachment
Jennifer’s Take: As a mother of a one-year-old I can emotionally relate to everything in this study! Unless you are a new parent, it can be difficult to understand the chronic stress that occurs with not only adjusting to a … Continue reading →
An Affair of the Heart Sexuality infidelity is pretty cut and dry; one partner steps outside the bounds of the relationship and engages in sexual activity with someone other than their spouse. Emotional infidelity can be defined as having emotional … Continue reading →
How the “Attachment Bond” Influences Our Adult Relationships Have you ever felt strongly, deeply connected to someone for whom you would do anything? It is called being “In Love,” and ideally we have all experienced it. You probably tend to … Continue reading →
A certain amount of self-regard is healthy. Clearly low self-worth causes psychological pain and suffering, but when does high self-regard turn into Narcissism? Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPR) is a form of pathological narcissism recognized by the DSM-V and first recognized by … Continue reading →
- Can scientists learn to remove bad memories? March 23, 2019New research in human participants explores a novel intervention that aims to weaken traumatic memories and lessen their psychological impact.
- Could cannabis use contribute to psychosis? March 20, 2019Researchers have found strong associations between the frequent use of highly potent cannabis and reports of first-time psychotic episodes.
- What is the link between psoriatic arthritis and depression? March 12, 2019Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) can contribute to some mental health conditions, including depression. In this article, we look at the link between PsA and depression, as well as treatments and coping strategies.
- New brain stimulation therapy is effective against depression March 12, 2019A pilot clinical trial has found that a new type of electrical stimulation therapy can be very effective in treating the symptoms of major depression.
- Sleep loss can turn us into social outcasts March 12, 2019Researchers have uncovered evidence suggesting that sleep loss can make us want to avoid social contact, while also sending a 'keep away' signal to others.
- Can scientists learn to remove bad memories? March 23, 2019